Friday, December 4, 2009

First Look: Chicco Together Tandem Stroller

When I told my staff that Chicco is sending us a sample of their new tandem stroller they were all smiles and excited. Yes, some of us are “baby” gear heads here at Goore’s. I have been hounding Chicco for a couple years to create a tandem stroller that accepts the Chicco KeyFit infant car seat – the hottest selling infant car seat right now. Like the KeyFit, it took them a while to get it to market but it also appears it was worth the wait. See photos below this post.

After in depth inspection, my staff and I all rate the Chicco Together very high. The real test though will be with daily use in the real world with kids and all the stuff that comes along with them. Our sample is headed out today for an extended real life test with a local family. Like Road & Track does with new cars, I will be providing you updates on their experience, likes and dislikes of this stroller.

The Chicco Together is has a recommended use from birth to 36 month and can hold up to 40 lbs. in each seat. At an estimated retail of $299, the Together packs a lot of features into a relatively compact unit.

  • Accepts two KeyFit/KeyFit 30 infant car seats. The front seat folds forward to accommodate the car seat without a front bar or tray. This is also why the Together is smaller than most other tandems.
  • Anodized aluminum frame with unique elliptical tubing. Results in a weight of only 30 lbs.
  • One-hand fold. Like the Cortina Stroller folding mechanism. Auto latches and is free standing.
  • All wheel suspension for a smooth ride
  • One Touch linked rear brakes.
  • Spacious shopping basket. Holds all your stuff when out with two kids. Zipper accessible basket when rear seat is reclined
  • Removable child’s arm bar and removable/reversible cupholders that face in or out for the front seat
  • Independent adjustable canopies with mesh windows
  • 3 position height-adjustable handle that folds down when storing.
  • Parent’s tray with 2 cupholders and enclosed storage compartment.
Like all Chicco baby gear products this stroller has nice Italian designed tailoring. We are still waiting to hear what the final patterns will be but it appears they will roll it out in at least 2 – Fuego and Romantic. The estimated availability at this time is late March / early April. I wouldn’t expect it until April but you never know. We have taken all the measurements and will follow up this post with another that compares the Chicco Together to other tandem strollers on the market. 
















Richard Goore
Goore's for Babies to Teens

8 comments:

  1. This just made my day. I've been waiting for Chicco to come out with a tandem stroller since my daughter was born almost 2 years ago and was so worried they never would. Baby #2 is due in July, so hopefully the release doesn't get delayed. Thank you so much for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to getting the measurements and weight of the new stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to this stroller coming out! Hopefully, it'll knock the socks off what is currently available. Can anybody tell me how long the stroller is, opened up, from the furthest point in the front to the furthest point in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope this comes out soon. I am due this summer. It looks fantastic. I already have the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat in Romantic. Hope it really comes out on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any updates yet on an exact release date? I've checked with a few baby stores/boutiques, but none have any advance info yet. They don't even know this stroller exists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOO excited! Our daughter is 18 months old and our son is 2 weeks. I've been looking for a double stroller for months and was so disappointed when I found out Chicco didn't make a double stroller! This just makes my day. I'll hold off now till April for the new one! Hope it actually comes out in April! Although I never stand in lines to buy a product this might be a first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! I love our DD's Keyfit 30 seat and was hoping Chicco would come out with a double stroller for when the time comes. We're not even pregnant with #2 yet (#1 is only 4 months old) but I hope this will still be around when we're ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicco Together Tandem Stroller is looking absolutely great

    ReplyDelete